Add Facebook Button into WordPress Blog
Facebook does play a crucial role for WordPress blog’s success. This is due to the fact that by integrating Facebook element, it will definitely increase the exposure of our WordPress blog especially for our latest blog post as Facebook is among social networking site that has biggest users’ base.
If you are interested on the users’ statistics, check out the statistics below which I extracted from Facebook press room – you can just skipped to the next paragraph if you are not interested with probably boring statistics.
Facebook Press Room:
- More than 250 million active users
- More than 120 million users log on to Facebook at least once each day
- More than two-thirds of Facebook users are outside of college
- The fastest growing demographic is those 35 years old and older
- More than 50 translations available on the site, with more than 40 in development
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside the United States
- There are more than 30 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
- People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are almost 50% more active on Facebook than non-mobile users.
- There are more than 150 mobile operators in 50 countries working to deploy and promote Facebook mobile products
One of the way to integrate Facebook element into your WordPress blog is to have Facebook button in your WordPress blog. By having this button, your WordPress blog’s readers can click on th ebutton and share your latest articles with their followers and fans.
The tutorial is easy. You just need to copy and paste below code to the place where you want it to appear in the theme editor section possibly in single.php. There is no need for any WordPress plugin.
<a href=”http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php the_permalink();?>&t=<?php the_title(); ?>”target=”blank”>Share on Facebook</a>
If you just paste above code, there will be only simple ‘Share on Facebook’ link which you can see at the end of this post.
However, if you want to replace the ‘Share on Facebook’ link with Facebook button, you have to do simple tweak to the above code.
<a href=”http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=<?php the_permalink();?>&t=<?php the_title(); ?>”target=”blank”><img src=”YOUR OWN IMAGE URL FOR FACEBOOK BUTTON” /></a>
If you are looking for fresh-looking Facebook button, you probably can get it from MySocialButtons‘ collections.
Feel free to share this quick tweaking tutorial and share it with others. Happy blogging and Facebooking!